A MAOLIS COMPLEMENT HOW DOES IT WORK AND HOW DOES IT HOLD?
A hair supplement aims to reconstruct a bald area using a membrane in which hair is tied or injected. This is for anyone who wants a quick and invisible solution to getting their hair back. MAOLIS hair supplements are in principle made in Asia from a polyurethane membrane (UHD type supplements) or mesh (H+ - Air Lace) or both at the same time (H+ POLY - Hybrid Q6 - U-Lace )
In these membranes are implanted natural hair of the best quality. Other competing brands often use cheaper but unsuitable blends of synthetic hair or yak hair. The choice of natural hair is more appreciated because the hair reacts like yours to styling and drying.
The standard supplement comes in a single large size and will then be cut to size to cover the area to be reconstructed. This area will be shaved beforehand in order to make the membrane adhere well.
The complement will then be fixed on the scalp or hair 4 different bonding processes:
- Double-sided adhesives : these double-sided adhesives make it easy to remove and maintain the add-on without having to go through a centre. They are recommended for those who sweat a lot, those who cannot go to a center monthly or those who simply want to manage their maintenance themselves at home with ease. With this type of attachment, it is possible to remove your supplement every night and keep the same adhesives attached to the supplement for a maximum of 1 week. The supplements recommended for this type of binding are UHD+, UHD MAX, H+ or H+ Poly.
- Titanium or Fusion white resins : these white resins are used either to adhere the entire surface of the supplement, or for the front line only. The interest lies in the fact that the outfit of the supplement is more durable, approximately 1 month. However, this type of bonding does not hold up very well to perspiration and swimming on the edge of the hairline. It is therefore recommended to carry out a very simple touch-up at home with our complete kit.
- The hybrid bonding allows the center of the complement to breathe while ensuring a solid peripheral adhesion thanks to the combination of a transparent resin and powerful double-sided adhesive films. This technique is particularly suitable for people looking for a lasting bond without too much sporting activity and wishing to avoid any embarrassing sensations. It is recommended to call on a Maolis partner hairdresser to carry out this bonding technique, because these professionals have the necessary techniques and compliant products to ensure a more durable fixation in complete safety for your skin.
- G-FORCE bonding is a technique developed by Rodolphe, founder of Maolis.com and the Center du Cheveu, the largest European center dedicated to hair supplements. This method uses a resin that hardens quickly and attaches securely to the hair for up to 6 weeks of wear, reducing the risk of detachment. It is particularly appreciated by people practicing intense sports activities who encounter problems of fit with other fastening methods. However, this type of permanent bonding should only be done by a certified Maolis Expert hairdresser for optimal results.
- the clips allow for attachment using small clips that attach to the hair, ideal for people who do not want glue contact on the skin or those who have undergone a hair transplant and wish to regain normal density before the final results of the transplant. However, it is important not to touch the implants by avoiding clipping the hair complement on the crown of grafted hair. Your MAOLIS EXPERT hairdresser is at your disposal to advise you.
Although it is possible to carry out the installation of your hair complement yourself, it is recommended to entrust this task to a professional hair prosthetist in order to ensure that the work is carried out in the best conditions. The installation techniques vary according to the type of supplement chosen, do not hesitate to ask us for advice via our Whatsapp assistance at the bottom left of your screen.